Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: Football starts up this MONTH!!!!!!!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Football starts up this MONTH!!!!!!!!

    (3 straight trips to the State Championship game how many other teams have done that?)

    Not knocking Burton, but Powell Valley and Appalachia accomplished similar, and in my opinion, more impressive feats in the mid '90's. From '94 to '98, PV won four, while in '96, losing to runner up Giles.

    In a six year span from '92 to '97, Appalachia played in 5 championship games, winning 4.* In '95, they lost in the semis to eventual state champion Bath County.

    * In '93, Appalachia may have made it 3 State Championships in a row, had it not been for the incident at Rural Retreat.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member jtw61194's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 20th, 2006
    Posts
    873
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Football starts up this MONTH!!!!!!!!

    What happened at Rural Retreat?

  3. #3
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Football starts up this MONTH!!!!!!!!

    A player from Appy got into a fight, and according to VHSL rules, he had to sit out the next game, which was the Middlesex state game. Well, this didn't sit too well with his mother, who went to court to get her son reinstated. The court ruled in her favor, saying that if Coach Turner didn't play him, he would go to jail. He was stuck between a rock and a hard place: don't play him, go to jail...play him, forfeit the game. He played him and I believe Appy may have laid down for the game, knowing if the won, they would have to forfeit. If I was Turner, I wouldn't have played him. I'd take the jail time over having to play that kid and forfeit the state title. It seems that boys' mother would have been a little less selfish as well. From what I hear, she's not exactly a favorite in most circles in Appy anymore.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Football starts up this MONTH!!!!!!!!

    here is a list of the single A teams that went at least 3 times and there records


    #1 Madison Co. 71-73 Won 1 Lost 2
    #2 Clintwood 73-75 Won 2 Lost 1
    #3 Central Senior 84-90 Won 2 Lost 5 (as a side note Central played in the State game 9 out of 10 years between 84 and 93)
    #4 Appy 92-95 Won 2 lost 1
    #5 Surry Co. 96-99 Won 2 Lost 2
    #6 Burton 04-06 Won 0 Lost 3

    That is 6 teams with at lest 3 stright trips to the Championship game 2 things to note #1 All but Burton won at least 1 Championship and #2 only 2 went to more than 3 in a row

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Football starts up this MONTH!!!!!!!!

    For the first time in a while I am looking forward to football season. I really believe the LPD will be on the upswing starting this year. Good luck to all and let the beatings begin!
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  6. #6
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Football starts up this MONTH!!!!!!!!

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Indian_Dad</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For the first time in a while I am looking forward to football season. I really believe the LPD will be on the upswing starting this year. Good luck to all and let the beatings begin! </div></div>

    LOL you have to give us more to go on than that how do you feel about all the teams and do you have any EXTRA insite on Kelly?

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Football starts up this MONTH!!!!!!!!

    Amigo I am sworn to secrecy. I wil say that we will be vastly improved this year, but then again so will the majority of the league. Many clubs played alot of youngins last year. This is going to be one of those years where it could get wild and wooly. If you look past anybody, you'll get sent home (I know we hear that line year after year, but I really believe the gap is closing and parity is on its way)
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

  8. #8
    Inactive Member imported_Counts's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    3,370
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Football starts up this MONTH!!!!!!!!

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Amigo I am sworn to secrecy. </div></div>


    LOL I thought you knew that fourm rules require you to spill your guts on any and all info you have reguarding football [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif[/img]

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Unchained's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 6th, 2005
    Location
    Norton, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    7,249
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Football starts up this MONTH!!!!!!!!

    B.I. is bigger than I am lol
    Big lug [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif[/img]
    [IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/elp6n/signature.jpg[/IMG]
    Central Warriors. Respect the past,embrace the future

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •